Top 10: Essential beauty products for travellers
In no particular order, this is my list! I bought these products in New Zealand or France; some are available partout, others may be harder to obtain internationally.
1) skinfood new zealand - nourishing moisturiser. I have used skinfood moisturisers since I was a teenager. I only used the light moisturiser while living in New Zealand, but with the harsh, polluted Parisian air I had to step up my game. The nourishing moisturiser instantly sorted out my skin, and it is not heavy, even though it is not the light product.
2) NUXE - Huile Prodigeuse. This classic French beauty product is a must-have. I tried it out on a friend's recommendation. I know some people use it daily, but I find the scent a little strong, personally, so I just use it when I need some extra skin love.
3) Garnier - Micellar Cleansing Water. Garnier is the only brand I've actually used when it comes to micellar water. However, it does a great job of removing make-up and cleansing the skin. If anyone can suggest other brands, feel free to let me know in the comments!
4) Nivea - pearl & beauty deodorant. A gentle and fresh roll-on deodorant. Having tried several different ones, this is my go-to roll-on deodorant. I used to use sprays, but as I discovered that I am definitely allergic to some mysterious ingredient that is in most beauty sprays, I now use roll-on.
5) Yet to settle on a brand - BB cream. I'm currently using the Garnier one I found at my local Monoprix in France. Apparently the best one out there at the moment is Dior Diorskin Nude.
6) M.A.C Zac Posen - Prep + Prime transparent finishing powder. Excellent powder for keeping your make-up going a little longer. Possibly limited edition. I'm not 100% sure. It has lasted me a long time so far, so I am yet to find out if I can get hold of it again.
7) No particular brand - Contour/highlighter stick. Contour/highlighter sticks are great. They are easy to use and have multiple purposes. I often use my highlighter stick as an eyeshadow if I feel like a change. I currently just use an L.A. Girl one that I bought at a discount make-up store.
8) M.A.C - Eyeshadow x9. I currently use Purple Times Nine. It has been good to me. It is small. It has colours for every occasion. You only need one eyeshadow palette while travelling. The less you can bring with you, the better! It was my sole eyeshadow product for about a year. Then I found some cheap Dior and Chanel singles. They fit in my make-up bag, so it's okay, right...?!
9) Too Faced - Better Than Sex mascara. Okay, so when I first tried it out, I wasn't convinced. Previously my top choice was L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes. However, after figuring out that the application technique for Better Than Sex was a little different than what I was used to, it quickly reached #1, and is the mascara I currently use.
10) NYX - Matte Lipstick. I own two of these lipsticks, in Whipped Caviar and Merlot. They last well, the pigmention is good, and they are not expensive. The one thing I don't like is the scent; it reminds me of paint. I carry these lipsticks in my handbag, and would buy more!
What are your favourite beauty products that you absolutely must take with you on your travels? Let me know your thoughts!
#beauty #makeup #travel #makeup #skincare #products #beautyproducts #TooFaced #Chanel #Dior #MAC #NYX #matte #lipstick #mascara #BBcream #ZacPosen #Garnier #Nivea #NUXE #skinfoodnewzealand #skinfood